14 March 2011

vintage cycling


Today turned out to be a bike-themed day. What with him indoors all giddy at having signed up for the übercool L'Eroica vintage bike race in Italy, followed by some quick but very rewarding research on girlie vintage bikes, it's little wonder I've managed to tick practically nothing off my day job worklist!
Firstly some info on the said vintage bike race.  It's a rather charming event which takes place every year in September in the Chianti region of Italy and competitors dress up vintage-style, really looking the part complete with fag dangling from corner of mouth and hip flask containing anything BUT water or Gatorade. Check out the website to really get a feel for what it's all about. It's the perfect venue to show off that beautiful Bianchi or Cinelli of yours.


For the girlies on the other hand it's another excuse to indulge in some serious online shopping with these two really lovely Bike Dealers offering exquisite vintage style bikes in fabulous colours and matching accessories. I know a couple of ladies who are already smitten with the models on offer (especially the red one) and I bet you'll be tempted too once you start browsing. The first online shop is the fantastically tasteful Abici - unlike with politics, the Italians really do seem to know what they are doing when it comes to bikes. I dare you NOT to fall in love with their Pantone Universe range. 
The other site I found is charming UK-based retailer The Old Bicycle Company, offering beautiful well-made traditional vintage style cycles. Lovely! If I had more time on my hands I could probably get some more sources for you but my boss is throwing daggers so must dash.

No comments:

wibiya widget